OWLS CLUB is a Veterans Hall at 847 Dovercourt Road. It's also a sweet spot to throw a show. Here's some info to help you go about it...
- The best way to secure a date is to visit the basement on Saturday afternoon.
- Take your hat off at the door, and ask at the bar to speak to Anna (she might be playing darts).
- Introduce yourself and ask about the availability of the date you're planning. Anna has a calendar there and should be able to answer you directly.
- Make sure ahead of time that your lineup is solidified and can draw enough people to fill the room you have in mind (50+ in the basement / 100+ in the upstairs hall).
- Leave your contact info (phone # preferred), and plan to return with a poster for the club; they like posters :)
*You can also call Owls and leave a message, but given their hours of operation, they might not get back to you right away: (416) 532-6920
*THURSDAYS are open for show bookings with NO RENTAL FEE if the event can draw a crowd that brings in decent bar sales.
*There are two passive PA speakers on stands in the basement. You'll need to bring everything else: a powered board or PA, drums, amps, microphones, stands, cables, and the monitors necessary for your gig.
*Showing up early and sound-checking is recommended (you do your own sound).
*Also, you run your own door, so bring a float.
*All nights of the week require a rental fee (price dependent on the day/type of event/expected attendance/time of year/ect).
*You must provide all your own gear and sound for the show: PA, amps, drums, mics, stands, monitors, cables, ect...
*Showing up early and sound-checking is highly recommended (especially considering the halls' size).
*You run door upstairs too (bring a float), and there's a cool desk with cash drawer that you can use.
Owls keeps bar $ and you keep door $. Keep this all in consideration, and your show will be a hoot!